Cameras in iProtect™
Cameras can be configured directly in iProtect™. In addition, the Milestone NVR server can also be defined. If the cameras are controlled with a VDG Sense server.
1. In the iProtect™ Aurora menu, go to “Installation” > “Hardware” > “Line”.
2. Click on the “Search” button.
3. In the browse window, click on the plus symbol in front of the line (Camera server) where a camera should be added. The node under this line will appear.
4. In the browse window, right-click on the node under which the camera should be added and select “Add camera”. The details pane will open.
5. Give the camera a practical name, such as “Camera entrance”
6. Select the following specifications
- Sub-number : Choose the desired sub-number; Camera 1 is sub-number 1
- Type : Choose the desired brand / type
- IP address : The IP address of the camera / Milestone server (client network)
- Port : 80
- Camera from group: The camera group that should be displayed in the Multiview if an event is captured by this camera
- Before the event : The number of seconds before an event for which you want to see pictures
- After the event : The number of seconds after an event for which you want to see pictures
- On “Camera” tab
- ➢ Name : The username of the camera. In case of connection with Milestone, enter the username of a Milestone user (with full rights) here
- ➢ Password : The password belonging to this camera or user
- ➢ Active : Mark ‘active’ field
- ➢ Check connection every: Here, specify at what intervals the connection should be checked, e.g. every second
- ➢ Pictures : Here, specify the number of pictures per second, such as 5 pictures per second for a clear display that avoids system overload
NOTE The “Default” button can be used if the default login name and password are used. The default credentials are iProtect / Root77. You are advised to create a profile with username “iProtect” and password “Root77” and to grant full rights to this profile.
7. Click on “Save”.
8. If an ONVIF camera is used, it can automatically be located by the iNVR node.