iX30 – Wiring
This document assumes standard T-568-B color coding of the cables.
Recommended cable type between the a Orion or Polyx and the Sirius iX30 card reader is:
- CAT 5 UTP four twisted pairs of 24AWG copper conductors
- CAT 6 UTP four twisted pairs of 24AWG copper conductor
A direct connection (without using an Adapterboard) between the Sirius card reader and a door controller based on RS485™ is NOT possible when:
- Sirius and door controller™ are installed in different buildings and thus the connection leaves the building or
- the wiring is no UTP cable (CAT5 or CAT6) or
- an existing (non UTP) cable is reused or
- overvoltage protection for the card reader is required or
- An external power supply is required for the card reader.
RS485 via Adapterboard
Recommended cable type between a Polyx and the Sirius card reader, using an Adapterboard is:
- Shielded cable with twisted pairs
If a direct connection is not possible, an Adapterboard must be placed between Orion or Polyx and the Sirius iX30 card reader.
Adapterboard is connected with the door controller with a default UTP cat5 cable (or higher) (plug connection).
- Connect GND of the Adapterboard to the local earth.
- Connect the shield of the ground cable to the GND connection of the Adapterboard
possible connection of the Sirius iX30 on the Adapterboard
Do not place any jumpers! For more information. See the Adapterboard-IM manual.
Recommended cable type between the Orion or Orbit and Sirius iX30 card reader:
- CKY 3x2x0,14mm²
- CKY 4x2x0,14mm²
- CAT5 UTP four twisted pairs of 24AWG copper conductors
- CAT6 UTP four twisted pairs of 24AWG copper conductors
Cable lengths if connected directly to Orion
Cable lengths generic
*Please be sure that the cable used for RS485, is suitable for the RS485 protocol
Please take into account that the power supply at the reader must be between 5-16 VDC.