Polyx/iPU-8: Connecting across the Console port
System diagnostics can be carried out with the help of a PC / laptop.
For the purpose of diagnostics, every Controller has a diagnostics menu.
All that is required to do this is a series connection between the Controller and the PC or laptop.
However, “Terminal software” must be used.
A range of software, such as Teraterm (or hyperterminal) can emulate a VT100 terminal on a PC. Such software must therefore be in place or must promptly be installed.
• Connect the PC to the Console port of the Polyx. To do this, use the adapter listed below (available from TKH Security BV).
• Run the terminal software and establish a connection using the following settings:
• Select the COM port for the connected controller.
• If an iPU-8 controller is used:
o Set the baud rate to “9600”, Data to “8 bit”, Stop to “1 bit”, Parity to “None” and Hardware control to “None”
• If a Polyx controller is used:
o Set the baud rate to “115200”, Data to “8 bit”, Stop to “1 bit”, Parity to “None” and Hardware control to “None”