Requirements and initial steps
For effective license plate recognition, the following is necessary:
1. Make sure that a license plate recognition license is in place for every iProtect™ Aurora camera (ID: 1100).
2. Make sure that infrared lighting has been installed.
3. Make sure that the camera used for license plate recognition has a resolution of at least 1.3 Megapixels.
4. A daylight filter should be used.
5. Mount the camera used for license plate recognition within a distance of 11 metres from the license plate. The angle between the license plate surface and the camera must not exceed 40°.
6. In iProtect™ Aurora, configure the camera picture in such a way that a regular vehicle in the entrance fills the entire width of the picture.