VDG Sense Network Video Recorder
If a Sense Network Video Recorder (NVR) is used, the following steps must be followed:
1. In the iProtect™ Aurora menu, go to “Installation” > “Hardware” > “Line”.
2. Click on the “Search” button.
3. In the browse window, click on the plus symbol in front of the line (Camera server) where an NVR should be added. The node under this line will appear.
4. In the browse window, right-click on the node under which the NVR should be added and select “Add network video recorder”. The details pane will open.
5. Give the line a practical name, such as “Sense NVR”
6. Select the following specifications
- • Type : Sense
- • IP address : The IP address of the Sense server
- • Port : 80
- • Name (NVR login) : The username of a user in Sense (user with full rights)
- • New password : The password belonging to this user
NOTE The “Default” button can be used if the default login name and password are used. The default credentials are iProtect / Root77. You are advised to create a profile with username “iProtect” and password “Root77” and to grant full rights to this profile.
7. Click on “Save”.
8. Download and install the latest version of VDG Sense Setup from the VDG Security website.
9. Open the Sense Client, select the “Sense manager” tab and go to “HTTP Server” > “Advanced” and make sure that the API is set to 2.7.2.
10. Click on Import. All cameras and layouts in Sense will be imported to iProtect™ Aurora. Choose the “Specify” option if you want to choose what to import. Here, Cameras, Layouts, Pre-sets, Macros and Viewers can be selected and added.